The University of Otago believes that there is no better investment in New Zealand’s future than supporting scholarships, giving bright young people a chance to fulfill their potential and make a significant contribution to society.
As well as the Alumni Appeal Scholarships, the University offers a full suite of entrance, undergraduate, disability, and postgraduate scholarships, as well as a wide range of more specialised scholarships such as departmental awards and student exchange grants.
The University of Otago would like to help so many more scholars. This year, consider giving to a scholarship fund. Your donation may be the key to unlocking someone’s future! Read more below on the Alumni Scholarships
- Alumni Undergraduate Scholarship - every year hundreds of academically-gifted year 13 students apply for scholarships at the University of Otago with the dream of gaining a world-class education.
- Alumni Undergraduate Disabilities Scholarship - established in 2012 to celebrate the 20 years of formalised support at the University of Otago for students with impairments. These scholarships, made possible by the gifting of funds by Alumni and Friends of the University of Otago, are offered to students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show financial need arising from a disability.
- Otago Law Alumni Scholarship - for many students the practical aspect of attending our fine university is merely a dream and one that appears to be out of their reach. This scholarship will give support to deserving students that may otherwise not have this opportunity.
- Brian Merrilees Canadian Alumni Travel Award - each year some 30-40 young Otago students travel to Canada for further study under an Exchange Program set up with a number of Canadian universities.
- Brian E Hardy Memorial Award - Brian Eric Hardy was a University of Otago Medical School graduate in 1964. He completed his surgical training in Dunedin, spending considerable time in immunological research…
- Barbara Heslop Memorial Award - this would be used to support an endowment of $300,000 to support research in the disciplines of pathology or immunology within the Otago Medical School
- The Jolene Patuawa-Tuilave Maori Leadership in Law Scholarship - this Leadership in Law Scholarship is being established in conjunction with Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua and Jolene's whanau as a legacy to Jolene and to inspire other young Maori law students to follow their dreams.
- Musgrave Scholarship Appeal - this appeal is to raise funds for a Masters Scholarship - an important way that we are able to honour Alan Musgrave, both for his commitment to teaching and enthusiasm for research
Further information including application forms for University of Otago Scholarships can be found on Otago's Undergraduate Scholarships page.
If you would prefer to post your gift to us or you live in the USA, UK or Canada please click here.
For further information please contact
Development & Alumni Relations Office
T: +64 3 4795246